Use promo code ClubInvite83 for Free Exhibit Hall Access
OR Use promo code CI100AA83 for $100 off an All-Access Pass (while supplies last)
W.I.T.S. Booth: #248
Training and Certification in the Fitness Industry: We Can and Should Do Better [July 2014]
4th Annual Fitness Industry Personal Trainer Summit
Thursday, October 23, 2014
2:00PM - 4:00PM
Room: Lakeside, Level 2, E253A
Session Number: WITS
Session Type: General Conference Session
Tracks: Personal & Business Development
Change is coming to the Personal Training industry. Certification requirements vary wildly and consumers and gym owners alike are having trouble knowing how to choose a qualified trainer. In this session we'll explore the development of certification standards, establish 5 regions and committees for discussion and research and open the doors wide for industry conversation around this hot button issue.
- Keynote - EMT's path to industry acceptance: How can our industry apply those lessons?
- Update on the new IACET CEU approved providers and the CPT's universal acceptance – June Chewning, Fitness Learning Systems
- Expert panel discussions of industry hot topics noted here.
- David L. Herbert, Esquire will make the following presentations:
"D.C. Determines To Regulate Personal Trainers" and
"ANSI Directs the Withdrawal of NSF Standard for Health/Fitness Facilities as an American National Standard"
- Meet the 5 regions 15 board officers. The group is made up of trainers, employers and education groups.
- Committee task review for 2015
- Naming of our industry association
- Closing remarks
Educational Credits: 2 CECS
Renewals and CEU’s - Change Comes from You!
June 29, 2012